There are just some flavors of baby food that don’t go over well. But instead of throwing them out, I find new ways to use them. Extra jars of carrot and squash puree get mixed in with macaroni and cheese. And this Pumpkin Cranberry Apple puree was perfect for a fall quick bread! Here’s what you need:
3 (4.2 oz) packets of Pumpkin Cranberry Apple Puree (baby food section at Walmart)
6 eggs, beaten
4 c. sugar
1 c. water
1/2 c. vegetable oil
5 1/4 c. self-rising flour
1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine puree, eggs, sugar, water and oil into a large bowl and set aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberries.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Grease two 5″ x 10″ loaf pans. Pour batter into loaf pans, filling about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let bread cool, slice and serve.