One of my all-time favorite things about summer is all of the fresh vegetables. I love how my kitchen smells after I’ve been to the Farmer’s Market or harvested some fresh summer vegetables out of our little garden that we started this year.
The hardest part–what to do with all of this wonderful produce before it goes bad? Well, there’s canning. There’s freezing. Or, you can put a recipe together and eat those vegetables the same day! That’s what we did this time and WOW was it good. You can make a vegetarian dish with this recipe, or do like we did and grill chicken breast and throw it into the mix. Either way, you’re going to love it.
2 Tbsp. melted butter or3-4 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced in strips or chopped
2 zucchini, cut in quartered pieces
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 onions, sliced
2 yellow squash, cut in quartered pieces
1/4 c. panko crumbs
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. 0regano
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil or 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grill chicken, slice into strips or cut into pieces and set aside.
- Slice all vegetables and place them and the chicken, in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish and toss.
- Mix together Panko, parmesan cheese and spices in a small bowl then sprinkle the mixture over the top of the vegetables and chicken. Sprinkle butter or olive oil on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
For more delicious Fun Home Things recipes, check out the Recipes page!