It’s a snow day for us here in Western, Kentucky! The ice and sleet rolled in Thursday and the snow came right on top of it Friday morning. Now we’re in the middle of round 2. While the kiddos loved going outside and playing, they got very cold very fast. Which means that the majority of our time is spent indoors. I don’t know what it is about the snow, but for my kids, boredom sets in much faster than usual.
So here are some of the fun and simple things we do to pass the time and enjoy each other
- Make snow cream. It’s simple! The main ingredient is right outside your door.
2. Make some fun treats like chocolate dipped pretzels.
3. Start creating a Love Notes Jar to give to someone special on Valentine’s Day!
4. Make a gooey batch of slime or Oobleck for little hands to play in.
5. Turn the snow day into a spa day by making your own foot scrub!
All of these ideas have simple ingredients and easy directions that kids, especially Pre-K and Kindergarten kiddos, would enjoy doing. I even have fun too! Have a great snow day and I hope that you enjoy these activities!