This has been one of the most fun summers that my family has had in a long time! We’ve been outside a ton and one of the newest additions to our yard is a garden. We’re growing just a few things this year–squash, tomatoes, eggplant, onions and peppers. We’ve also planted my favorite herbs in the window box of the She Shed–basil, thyme, cilantro, parsley and rosemary. Adding fresh herbs to recipes makes everything taste so fresh!
This is a super simple recipe to use up those delicious mini sweet peppers that is full of flavor and a little extra crunch. Here’s what you need:
6-8 Sweet Mini Peppers, seeded and halved lengthwise
1 c. shredded cheese (I used mozzarella, but cheddar and pepper jack work great too!)
1/8 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 c. buttered panko crumbs
1/8 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the peppers, slice them new lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Fill the halves with cheese, cilantro, and buttered panko.
- Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper over the peppers.
- Place on a greased baking pan and bake for 15 moniutes at 400 degrees.
Fifteen minutes was all it took to have perfectly baked peppers with tons of flavor. Give it a shot and tell me what you think!