I had the best chicken pot pie over the weekend and if I had thought about it, I would have asked for the recipe. What I did remember about it was that it had a crescent roll crust that was soooo good. I got home, started playing around in the kitchen, and came up with a super easy and really good dump chicken pot pie.
Dump recipes are so great, aren’t they? It literally means you just dump all of your ingredients into a bowl, mix it up and cook it. I bought a rotisserie chicken in the deli, the chopped onions came from produce, and I had everything else at home. You are more than welcome to cook the chicken and chop the onion yourself. But if you are pressed for time, all of the ingredients can be picked up on the way home from work. No prep necessary.
Here’s what you need:
2 c. chicken, cooked and chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. shredded cheese
1 1/2 c. frozen mixed vegetables
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Dump all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
Note: I threw the veggies in frozen because I like mine to stay just a little on the firm side. If you like your vegetables soft, use a can of Veg-All instead or go ahead and prepare them according to the package and then add them.
Pour into a greased 9 in pie plate.
Place the crescent rolls on top in a circular pattern.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Once it is cool, it’s ready to eat!
- 2 c. chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. frozen mixed vegetables (or 1 can Veg All, drained, for softer veggies)
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- 1 roll of refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump all ingredients except the crescent rolls into a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Place Crescent Rolls on top in a circular pattern.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.