Crock Pot + lasagna + noodles I don’t have to cook = my kind of recipe. This recipe takes one of my favorite comfort foods of all time and makes it super easy! The only real prep work you need to do is brown the ground beef. How easy is that? Some people like cottage cheese instead of Ricotta. I like them both but I usually go with Ricotta.
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
Lasagna noodles, uncooked
15 oz. container Ricotta cheese (or you can use 2 c. cottage cheese)
2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Brown and drain the ground beef. Return to skillet and stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic, parsley, basil and salt.
2. Pour the olive oil in the Crock Pot and spread it around so that it covers the bottom. Then place 2 lasagna noodles on the bottom.
3. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of the lasagna noodles.
4. Spread 1/2 of the Ricotta over the meat.
5. Sprinkle 1 c. mozzarella cheese over the Ricotta.
6. Repeat, beginning with the lasagna noodles, followed by the meat mixture, Ricotta and Mozzarella cheese.
7. Cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
Wasn’t that easy? For more Crock Pot recipes, check out the Crock Pot page!